National Diabetes Prevention Programme
Diabetes UK are working with the NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme, which has been available to people in Hertfordshire, to help people at high risk of developing Type 2 diabetes become healthier and avoid the condition. It's the first national programme to do this.
In March 2019, the programme will be renewed and Diabetes UK would like to hear your views on plans to make it even more accessible.
Your chance to have your say
Diabetes UK have produced a consultation document at the request of NHS England and welcomes feedback from; those who have already used the programme (either themselves or a family member/relative), those who have been referred to the programme, potential future users of the service and members of the general public.
NHS England and Diabetes UK will be collating responses as part of a wider consultation exercise and will provide feedback in due course.
We would welcome your views on the following:
- What do you think about the proposals to offer the service remotely to those who would prefer it?
- Would you be more likely to join the programme if: you attended all sessions in person; you attended some parts in person but with some parts delivered via the internet or phone; or the whole course was delivered remotely?
- What are the reasons for your choice in question two and would your choice make you more likely to complete the 9–12 month programme?
- Are there any parts of the programme you feel should always be delivered in-person?
- How important do you think it is to have a choice between in-person or remote diabetes prevention services?
- If a range of options were available, what information or support would you need to be able to understand the different choices, and to decide what is best for you?
- What can we do to make the programme easier to access for all; regardless of an individual’s ethnic background, age gender, physical ability or any other factors?
You can find out more about the National Diabetes Programme on the Diabetes UK website by clicking here.
Or alternatively you can go straight to the survey by clicking here.